Your roof carries a heavy load of responsibility.
Protecting the integrity of your home’s roof should be your top priority.
Many homeowners and business owners in San Antonio, TX delay roof repairs because of two reasons: time and money.
The national average roof repair cost is less than $1,000 and small repairs can usually be completed in one afternoon.
7 Signs You Need to Repair Your Roof
Check out these 7 signs that you need to repair your roof sooner than later.
1. Your Roof is Leaking – Take a look around your home after it has rained. Do you notice moisture on any walls? What about the attic? Are there water stains from past storms?
Also, any presence of mildew is a sure sign of a leak. Because moisture makes the roof expand and contract with temperature changes, even a small leak can affect the integrity of the entire roof if you procrastinate a repair.
2. Granules in the Gutter – Most asphalt shingles have a granular coating that will eventually wear off slowly over time.
However, if you see piles of granules coming off, that is a serious red flag. Granules showing up in your gutter is a sign that you need a roof repair ASAP.
3. Your Roof has Damaged Shingles – Damaged shingles are a sure sign that you need a roof repair.
If you have some areas of your roof that are darker than others, a few missing or broken shingles, or a portion of shingles that look “wet” or wavy, they should be repaired before it’s too late.
4. Sagging Roof – Any waving or bending can indicate a rotting underlayment, improper installation, or a weakened structure.
5. Rising Energy Bill – Any small holes and cracks on the roof can lead to the air and heat leaking, making the HVAC work harder and your energy bill rise.
If you notice a spike in your bills, your roof could be the cause.
6. Storm Damage – Even if you don’t notice any problems right away, a strong storm in your area has the potential to cause significant damage.
Make sure to have your roof inspected and complete even minor repairs after the storm has passed.
7. Flashing or Chimney Issues – The flashing is the thin metal trim around your chimney or roof vents. These areas are susceptible to damage from wind, hail, and strong rains.
Loose or cracked flashing is a common repair that should be taken care of before the next storm rolls through.
Benefits of Repairing Your Roof
Proper roof repairs have several other benefits than just putting a Band-Aid on a roofing problem.
Of course, a repair will save you money in years to come, but that’s not all!
There are many other benefits to regular roof repair.
Increase the Lifespan of Your Roof – Many times, when your roof is nearing the end of its lifespan, repairs can buy you extra time. Roof replacements are expensive and don’t always come at a convenient time.
If you don’t have the availability or budget to replace your roof entirely, the right repairs can solve the problem, help prevent future damages, and keep the roof functioning for a little bit longer.
Improves Curb Appeal and Increases Property Value – One of the first things people see when they look at your house is often the roof. A well-maintained roofline not only looks beautiful but shows that you have taken care of your roof.
When even one area looks different from the rest, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Upon inspection, a quality roof will not only increase offers but can also increase your final sale price.
Keeps the Warranty in Effect – If you have a warranty on your roof, it likely comes from your shingle manufacturer. Asphalt shingles typically include a warranty that is usually between 20 and 25 years.
However, these warranties often require regular maintenance and repairs to keep your roof warranty valid. If you fail to perform necessary inspections and repairs, it is seen as neglect and may void your warranty.
Helps Identify Weak Roof Points – When you call Invision Roofing for a roof repair, we will also give your roof a thorough inspection. This allows our team to successfully identify your roof’s weak points and develop a game plan before small issues become big issues.
Types of Roofs We Repair
We provide roof repair services for both residential and commercial clients throughout the San Antonio, TX area.